Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- With a Sharp Sense of Smell, Service Dogs Make Diabetes More Managable
- Millicent's Fall: "Speechless"
- More Doctors Getting MBAs Can Lead To Innovation In Healthcare Industry
- Even Small Changes Made Midlife Can Help Keep Your Heart Healthy
- Diabetes Dogs, Gender Balance In Research, And More. Full Show, January 18, 2015
Conditions & Treatment
Fri August 8, 2014
Vocal Health Is Important, Too
Overuse, underuse and misuse of your voice are three common ways of harming your vocal health, according to James Thomas, M.D. Dr. Thomas, an ear-nose-and-throat doctor who practices in Portland, Oregon, discusses symptoms of voice issues, as well as tips.
“People who acutely overuse their voice—football game on a Friday night and yelling— can get acute injuries. Those tend to be ruptures of the little blood vessels throughout the vocal cords.”