Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Home Nurse-Visits Can Reduce Mortality Among Low-Income Moms And Their Children, Research Finds
- Through "Project SEED" Program, Bright Students Test The Field Of Chemistry
- Experimental Treatment After Traumatic Brain Injury Raises Questions Of Consent For Emergencies
- Sound Medicine: October 19, 2014
- With The Ebola Epidemic Worsening, How Close Are We To Finding A Treatment?
Conditions & Treatment
Fri August 8, 2014
Vocal Health Is Important, Too
Overuse, underuse and misuse of your voice are three common ways of harming your vocal health, according to James Thomas, M.D. Dr. Thomas, an ear-nose-and-throat doctor who practices in Portland, Oregon, discusses symptoms of voice issues, as well as tips.
“People who acutely overuse their voice—football game on a Friday night and yelling— can get acute injuries. Those tend to be ruptures of the little blood vessels throughout the vocal cords.”